When I arrived in Atlanta for Summit 2017, God was already at work overcoming the enemy’s numerous obstacles.
- Our event coordinator’s car was booted when she stepped away from her car to find me at the bus station. No problem! She handled it with a credit card and a “Have a blessed day” to the tow-truck operator.
- Two of the 23 boxes of merchandise were redirected back to Texas because of a label issue. No problem!
- Our staff and volunteers knew the situation and didn’t buy anything until after everyone else had first choice.
- Our host church experienced a flurry of funerals and illnesses the week before the event. No problem! Others stepped in to help.
God worked in and through many lives during our time at Summit.
Here are my top five God sightings:
#5 Crossroads Church’s outstanding hospitality. Their culture to serve others unconditionally rippled through their staff, volunteers, and ultimately all the attendees. They loved on and welcomed us into their family. In Hawaii, we call it Ohana. A family group that emphasizes how each of us are bound together, and members must cooperate and remember one another. Mahalo (Thank You) Crossroads.
#4 The healing of hearts and souls through worship. Over and over we heard how God forgives and loves us. Gwen Smith’s words from her song Broken into Beautiful reminded us of how God changes us.
You change worthless into precious,
Guilty to forgiven
Hungry into satisfied
Empty into full
All the lies are shattered
And we believe we matter
When You change broken into beautiful
#3 God filled our minds with new knowledge to be used for His glory as we continue our wellness journeys. Charlotte Davis’ session, Unstoppable Nutrition was full of inspiration for healthy (not just low calorie) eating. It was a great reminder to hear First Place 4 Health’s nutrition recommendations are based on solid science, not fads.
# 2 The wisdom from our speakers and application of God’s Word to our lives.
- Candy Davison’s emphasized God’s Word is The Best Way to Renew our Mind
- Vicki Heath asked us to consider Food: From Fear to Freedom
- Carole Lewis’ Power Strategies for your Best Life Ever
- Lisa Lewis suggested God’s delicious and healthy foods in Best Meal Ever.
- Becky Turner’s Thrive: Knowing Him and Making Him Known provided tools to grow spiritually.
- Mary Ward challenged us to Get Fit and be ready for action
- My session New Era – New Things challenged us to live in the Promised Land.
#1 Around the tables, in the halls, in the hotel, even waiting in line for the restroom we enjoyed sweet fellowship with friends and made new ones. The joy of the Lord was in the room as we danced and worshipped Him in Gwen Smith’s “Through All Generations”, Casting Crown’s “Thrive” and finally, I think God laughed along with us as Vicki taught us the “Happy Dance” from Mercy Me.
Don’t miss out. Join us in Wakefield, MA north of Boston, July 27-28th for Summit 2018. Thanks to all that helped make Summit 2017 our Best Summit Ever!