But I’m Not Skinny Yet! Re-thinking My Thinking About Freedom and Food Strongholds Register Now Laura Acuña began
But I’m Not Skinny Yet! Re-thinking My Thinking About Freedom and Food Strongholds
Laura Acuña began life as a ‘skinny girl’ but gained 100 pounds in one year at the young age of 11. From that time on, she lived on the diet and body image roller coaster, which never led to permanent weight loss or freedom from the pain she was numbing with food. Instead, she picked up a lifetime of broken thinking about herself, her God, and what His definition of freedom truly means. She lived life small and restricted, wrongly believing that freedom and an abundant life would not come until she was ‘skinny’ for good. Can you relate?
This message, based on Laura’s testimony and the Word of God, will challenge, and equip each woman to:
- Understand that freedom doesn’t equal skinny and skinny doesn’t equal freedom.
- Dare to believe she can be free of the food strongholds that have kept her restricted for so long.
- Bravely consider the root of her issues with food and bring them out into the light.
- Replace self-condemnation and self-pity with self-compassion.
- Silence the shaming voice that does not come from her Savior.
- Be encouraged to leave behind what has never worked, and walk into true freedom for her heart, body, mind, and soul.
“By entering through faith into what God has always wanted to do for us—set us right with Him, make us fit for him—we have it all together with God because of our Master Jesus. And that’s not all: We throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that he has already thrown open his door to us. We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand—out in the wide-open spaces of God’s grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise. ~ Romans 5:1-2 (MSG)
Laura Acuña brings hope, encouragement and God’s truth. Learn more about Laura at https://laura-acuna.com/
NOTE: The Webinar is at 8pm Central Time. This webinar is limited to the first 500 people logged in at the time of the webinar. Register and we’ll send you reminder emails the day before and the day of the webinar. The webinar will be available on our YouTube channel after it is recorded. Click here
(Monday) 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm