Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin latte, pumpkin spice, even pumpkin lip gloss. It’s the yearly invasion of the pumpkins! As early as 1651 there are records of pumpkin recipes. Take a look on Pinterest and you will find probably hundreds of “pumpkin” ideas.
Pumpkin is not only delicious but good for you. Pumpkin is low in calories, high in Vitamin C, A, B2 and E. Even has fiber and a little bit of protein. It’s a winter squash but since it has seeds is scientifically a fruit.
So many delicious recipes to chose from.
It is also a great workout partner. Try these exercises and spell out the word PUMPKIN.
- P – 20 pushups – wall or floor
- U – 20 Up downs – up on the toes, reaching overhead with arms, then bend over and touch the floor.
- M – 20 mountain climbers – floor or wall
- P – 20 punches, left and right
- K – 20 Kickbacks – standing on one foot, holding back of chair for balance, donkey kick back with other leg, left and right.
- I – 10 Inchworms – bending at waist, reach for floor and walk the hands away from the body and back.
- N – 20 no time squats – wide base
Grab a pumpkin and raise a Fall-lelujah!
Direct Link to Workout: https://youtu.be/zUoXVg-lJmE
Vicki Heath is the National Director of First Place for Health. Vicki is a certified fitness instructor for the American Council on Exercise, a certified life coach and Wellness Coordinator for her church in Edisto Beach, SC. Vicki is an author of the books Don’t Quit Get Fit, Wellness Journey of a Lifetime and My First Place. She strives to bring others into the Kingdom through health and wellness.