- 1 medium-size green tomato, cut into ¼” slices
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons, cornmeal
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 1-ounce slices reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked, drained, and halved
- 4 1-ounce slices sandwich bread, toasted
Sprinkle tomato slices with hot sauce, if desired, and dip in egg white, and dredge in cornmeal. Place slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat slices with cooking spray. Broil 3 inches from heat 3 minutes on each side or until tender and golden. Layer lettuce, cheese, turkey bacon and tomato slices on 2 slices of toast. Top with remaining toast. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information: 309 calories, 8.7g fat, 18.4g protein, 37g carbohydrates, 2.4g fiber, 33mg cholesterol, 741mg sodium.