Granola with Fruit and Cinnamon
- Serving Size
- 1/2 c
- Number of Servings
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups dry old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 3/4 cup dried apple pieces (or dried fruit of choice)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a plate to cool. Raise the temperature of the oven to 350 F. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, applesauce, vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside.In a large bowl, add the oatmeal and bran flakes. Stir to mix well. Add the honey mixture and toss with your hands. Don’t break the clumps apart. Spread the cereal mixture evenly onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven and, stirring occasionally, bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
In a large bowl, combine the cereal mixture, toasted almonds, apple pieces and raisins. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Nutrition Information
- 163 Calories (11% Calories from fat); 2g Fat; 4g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 4g Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 115mg Sodium; 27mg Calcium