- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp white cheddar cheese
- 8 1½-oz. slices hearty white bread
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, cooked
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 cup onion and garlic; cook for 10 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each of 4 bread slices. Top each slice with ½ cup spinach, 2 tomato slices, 2 tablespoons onion mixture, and 1½ bacon slices. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese; top with the remaining 4 bread slices. Heat skillet over medium heat.
Coat pan with cooking spray. Place sandwiches in pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese melts. Serves 4
- Nutrition Information
- 377 calories; 11g fat (25.0% calories from fat); 21g protein; 54g carbohydrates; 9g dietary fiber; 14mg cholesterol; 802mg sodium.
Live It Tracker: 1½ oz.-eq. meat, 2½ oz.-eq. grain, 1 cup vegetable
*This recipe taken from Healthy Happy Cooking available in the FP4H online store.