- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 small green sweet peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 8 (8- to 10-inch) skewers
- 2 medium oranges, cut into 8 wedges each
For marinade, in a medium bowl, whisk together cilantro, vinegar, orange juice, oil, garlic and jerk seasoning. Pour mixture into a large resealable plastic bag set in a deep bowl. Add beef, pepper pieces and onion wedges. Seal bag; turn to coat meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally. Drain meat and vegetables, discarding marinade. On skewers, alternately thread beef, pepper pieces, onion wedges and orange wedges, leaving 1/4-inch space between pieces. For a charcoal grill, place kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef pieces are slightly pink in the centers, turning occasionally. Serves 4
Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water to cover for at least 30 minutes before using.
Nutritional Information – 2 Skewers: 242 calories; protein 26.3g; fat 8.8g; carbohydrates 13.5g; fiber 2.8g; cholesterol 53.3mg; sodium 143.6mg.
Tracker: 3 1/2 oz. Protein, 1/2 tsp Fat, 1/2 cup Vegetable, 1/2 cup Fruit