Jump Start the New Year
These simple steps will kick start your weight loss. Do all eight for 14 days and you’ll find yourself back on track. We can do anything for 14 days! If you are just beginning your journey with First Place 4 Health, this is an easy way to begin as you familiarize yourself with all aspects of First Place 4 Health.
- Pray before you eat anything. Ask God to help you make healthy choices. You can’t do it alone and you don’t have to.
- Weigh yourself. Weigh now—and again at the same time each week. Only weigh once per week. Weighing more often can lead to discouragement when you don’t see a change quickly.
- Write down everything you eat. Don’t worry about counting it on your FP4H Tracker. Just get it on paper.
- Don’t eat any fried foods. None. Zero. No excuses.
- Eat only low-fat dairy and meat products. Reduced-fat cheeses are easy to find and taste great. Trim visible fat and skin from meats and choose “choice” cuts of meat.
- Don’t drink any soft drinks, sweetened coffees or juices. Calorie-heavy soft drinks, coffee drinks and fruit juices pack on pounds if you’re not careful. It’s easy to lose track of how many liquid calories you are consuming. Abstain from all of these for the two-week jump start.
- Eat as many vegetables as you want to eat. None of us gained weight eating vegetables. Eat as many as you want, except potatoes.
- Drink 8 ounces of water before every meal and snack. It will help you feel full faster. Many times we interpret dehydration as hunger.
- Sleep at least 8 hours per night. Studies have shown that sleep deprivation promotes weight
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, 5 times each week. If you can only walk a mile, then only walk a mile. Get serious.
You can find easy recipes to go with these quick-start tips in the My Food Plan book in the online store at www.fp4h.com.