- Number of Servings
- What a treat to have oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and nuts. These chewy cookies are packed with flavor and won’t last long in your cookie jar.
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup regular old fashioned oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate mini chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk; set aside.
Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add vanilla and egg; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans and mini chips. Drop dough by tablespoonful 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks. Makes 36 Cookies.
- Nutrition Information
- (per cookie): 75 Calories; 3g Fat (30.5% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 78mg Sodium.
FIRST PLACE 4 HEALTH LIVE IT TRACKER: 1/2 oz.-eq. Grain
This recipe taken from Healthy Happy Cooking, available now in the First Place 4 Health online store.