I’m repeatedly asked, “What Bible study should we do next?” Our next new study isn’t due out until fall, so If you’ve transitioned to our My Place Member Kit, you might be wondering what to do next.
We recommend selecting something from our classic Bible studies or a book from one of our wonderful authors.
- Consider getting back to basics, with Seek God First.
- We have the largest supply of Balanced Living, Growing in the Fruit of the Spirit, and Moving Forward Together
- We have a smaller supply (order soon) of Be Free, Training for Success, Living for Christ, Start Losing-Start Living, Celebrate Success, and A New Beginning
- Our virtual groups will spend six weeks reading through Gari Meacham’s Truly Fed. A Leader’s Resource is available with a schedule, outline and videos. Her book Spirit Hunger is also available in our store, along with Leader’s Resources to go with it.
- Another option is my book Restored! Embracing Weight Loss God’s Way. It has small group questions for each chapter.
- Don’t forget Carole Lewis’s books Live Life Right Here Right Now or Give God a Year both inspire and maintain the momentum in your group. A Leader resource is available for Give God a Year.
There are so many choices. How will you decide? I suggest seeking the Lord and asking the Holy Spirit, the person in charge of your group, what resource you should use next. First, read the descriptions for the Bible studies and the books we offer. Then spend time in prayer asking the Lord which resource will best serve your group.
Consider a Bible study you’ve already done in the past. When I’ve repeated a study, I find my group members, as well as myself, are in a different season. Our life on this wellness journey has progressed, and we look at the same Bible study questions with a different perspective. I buy a new study, with a fresh set of pages to write on. Sometimes, I go back and compare the past answers with the new ones. It is helpful to see how much I have changed. And when I haven’t changed…well, there is a lesson in that as well.
When I lived in Pittsburgh, our church had as many as six groups with multiple leaders. We worked as a team to review and make the decision. A few times we had two choices stand-out, so we did one this session and the other the next.
Remember, the Lord already knows what you will do. A hearty thanks to the founders of First Place, the men, and women of Houston’s First Baptist Church. Our foundation remains the same placing Christ first in all things. We have great resources, and I am ever so thankful. Embrace change, say “Yes!!” to ALL God has planned.
Helen Baratta Director of Development for First Place for Health. She is the author of My Place for Leadership included in the My Place Leader’s Kit and Restored! Embracing Weight Loss God’s way available at our online bookstore.